- Please note this is available on Deluxe cover ONLY.
- Please note if You have paid the additional premium for Advanced WINTER SPORTS cover, then any sports listed under the HAZARDOUS ACTIVITIES List B, that are also classified as WINTER SPORTS, do not require You to pay a further additional premium for the HAZARDOUS ACTIVITIES. However, if You wish to participate in WINTER SPORTS and also doing other “NON-Winter Sport” activities shown under List C & D then You MUST pay a further additional premium to cover HAZARDOUS ACTIVITIES.
- Occasional participation in the following activities and sports, on a recreational, non-competitive and non-professional basis, can be covered (List (B) subject to additional premium) within the terms of the policy, subject to all recognised equipment and safety precautions being utilised. NO cover for Basic & Standard Policy.
- Certain activities may be subject to increased Medical Excess as indicated below or may have restrictions on the Personal Accident and/or Personal Liability cover during that activity.
- WINTER SPORTS are ONLY covered upon payment of the appropriate additional premium within the wording of Section M of the Terms & Conditions and are for persons under 66 years only.Those activities that are in bold are also classed as WINTER SPORTS and therefore subject to the WINTER SPORTS additional premium (List A: Basic WINTER SPORTS, List B: Advanced WINTER SPORTS – if You are ONLY doing the WINTER SPORTS activities from List B, You do NOT also need to pay the additional premium for HAZARDOUS ACTIVITIES) – however if You wish to do a combination of non-WINTER SPORTS activities, and WINTER SPORTS activities from List B, You will need to pay BOTH the Advanced WINTER SPORTS, and HAZARDOUS ACTIVITIES3, additional premiums. Please ensure You are covered sufficiently for Your trip and any activities You may be participating in, as claims relating to such an activity will not be paid without the relevant additional premium being paid. Please contact Your issuing agent if You require further cover for Your trip.
For all other Sports and/or Activities that are not included below and that may be deemed hazardous, please contact Your Issuing Agent for authorisation to proceed, prior to participation.
List (A) – Activities or Sports subject to £150 Medical Excess (max age 69 years old):)
Banana Boat Rides
Board Sailing (Windsurfing)
Bowls (including competitions
Bridge Walking e.g. Sydney Harbour Bridge
Canoeing/Kayaking – up to Grade 2 rivers only
Cycling (only if wearing a helmet, but no cover for mountain biking; racing and main purpose of trip)
Fell Walking (no climbing)
Football/Soccer (non competitive)
Gymnastics (no competitions)
Hiking/Trekking/Walking under 2,500 metres
MANUAL WORK at ground level involving no machinery
Mountain Biking (recreational including general cross country and off road cycling)
River Tubing (up to grade 2 rivers and not through caves)
Roller blading/line skating (wearing pads and helmets)
Running (not long distance),
Safari (professionally organised and without guns)
Sailing (inland waters or COASTAL waters within 12 miles of land)
* SCUBA Diving (down to 30 meter accompanied by a qualified diver or instructor)
Sleigh riding as a passenger
Swimming with dolphins
Ten pin bowling
Water Skiing (no jumping)
Zip lining/wiring (professionally organised)
* SCUBA Diving conditions :
Qualified divers, diving with a qualified dive-buddy and in accordance with the guidelines of the relevant diving organisation with which You are qualified will be covered as follows:
Qualification Maximum depth :
PADI Open Water
BSAC Ocean Diver 20 metres
BSAC Sports Diver, BSAC Dive Leader & PADI Advance Open Water
Maximum depth :
Other qualifications may be accepted but must be declared to Us prior to travel.
If You do not hold a diving qualification, We will only cover You to dive to a maximum depth of 18 metres when accompanied by and under the direction of a qualified diving instructor as part of an accredited course.
You will not be covered under this policy if You travel by air within 24 hours after participating in scuba diving.
List (B) – Activities or Sports subject to £150 Medical Excess (max age 69 years old) ). No cover is provided for Personal Accident or Personal Liability whilst participating in the following activities:
Flotilla Sailing (with professional leader)
Hot Air Ballooning (organised pleasure rides only)
Indoor Rock Climbing (with belays)
Jet Boating (as a passenger only and no racing)
Paint Balling (eye protection must be worn)
Kayaking (only if wearing a life-jacket and helmet and only on inland and COASTAL waters – not white water, up to grade 3 river only)
Motor cycling as a rider or passenger on a machine 125cc or under (YOU must wear a crash helmet and, as a rider, have held a motorcycle licence for at least 3 years and are conviction free)
Parascending over water
Rowing (no racing)
Segway riding (organised tours only and a safety helmet must be worn)
Trekking under 2,500 meters altitude
List (C) – Activities or Sports subject to £150 Medical Excess (max age 69 years old) and subject to additional premium.
Abseiling (within organiser’s guidelines )
Black Water Rafting (up to grade 3 within organiser’s guideline)
Land Skiing (not on snow)
Rap Jumping/Running (within organiser’s guidelines)
Safari Trekking on foot (must be organised tour booked in the UK)
White Water Rafting (up to grade 3 within organiser’s guidelines)
List (D) – Activities or Sports subject to £150 Medical Excess (max age 69 years old) and subject to additional premium. No cover is provided for Personal Accident or Personal Liability whilst participating in the following activities:
Breathing Observation Bubble (BOB)
Clay Pigeon Shooting
Hiking/Trekking/Walking between 2,500 meters and 4,000 meters
Horse Riding (no competitions/racing/jumping/hunting. A safety helmet must be worn)
Jet Biking (no racing)
Jet Skiing (no racing)
Kayaking (up to grade 4 rivers only)
Pony Trekking (safety helmet must be worn)
List (E) – The following Activities and Sports are NOT covered under this policy :
Big Game Hunting
BMX Stunt Riding
Flying except as a fare paying passenger in a licences passenger carrying aircraft
Free / High Diving
Judo / Karate / Martial Arts
Motorcycling as a rider or passenger on a machine over 125cc
Parascending over land
Professional / Semi Professional Sports
Sailing outside territorial waters
Scuba Diving below 30 meters
Shark Cage Diving
Track days using motorised vehicles
Water Ski Jumping
White Water Rafting (grade 4 and above)
If You wish to participate in one of the above activities, but do not meet the criteria specified above, or wish for additional cover (e.g. Personal Liability), please contact Us (contact details under the “USEFUL CONTACT INFORMATION” section , see Policy Wording – Page 2). With respect to additional cover sections, please also see “Insurance Policy Section” under the “IMPORTANT NOTES” (see Policy Wording – Page 4).
If You cannot find a particular activity within the above lists, or within the website listing, please note that these lists are sorted alphabetically. Activities are listed under the first word of their names, for example, Sea Fishing is listed under ‘S’ for Sea, rather than ‘F’ for Fishing. As another example, if You are looking for a Skiing activity, try under ‘S’ for Skiing, ‘A’ for Alpine Skiing, ‘C’ for Cat Skiing, etcetera. Please also note that activities may be worded slightly differently on various websites, travel agent brochures etcetera – for example “Ski Boarding” can be referred to as “Skiboarding” or “Ski-Boarding”.)
If You are unsure, please feel free to contact Us (contact details under the “USEFUL CONTACT INFORMATION” section (Policy Wording – see Page 2).
You can click on to download or read the documents as below :-
For policies issued from 01 March 2018 to 28 February 2019