PKC Associates trading as Journeys Travel Insurance Limited of The PowerHouse, 21 Woodthorpe Road, Ashford, Middlesex, TW15 2RP, is committed to the highest level of integrity in all of our dealings with our clients, employees and service partners. This commitment extends to any personal information about our customers that we might possess or acquire. PKC Associates Limited is committed to respecting personal privacy, and safeguarding individual record confidentiality and system security.
Accordingly, PKC Associates Limited and its affiliates adhere to the following Privacy Guidelines and Principles:
- PKC Associates Limited has developed policies and programs for the protection of customer information. Personal information includes any information, including financial, we have obtained from you or a third party in order to provide the services or products you have requested from us or enquired about. Decisions relating to the collection and use of personal information are made by the Managing Director of PKC Associates Limited.
- References to “you” in these Guidelines and Principles include all other members of your party.
- PKC Associates Limited strives to maintain the accuracy of customer information and will promptly respond to any questions or concerns customers may raise with respect to the accuracy of such customers personal information. If you are not satisfied with our response, you may contact the Information Commissioner.
- Please notify us of any changes to your data to ensure the accuracy of our records.
- PKC Associates Limited employees are responsible for the protection of customer information, and each PKC Associates Limited employee with access to personal customer information is responsible for compliance with our privacy policies and procedures.
- PKC Associates Limited expects all of its service partners and service providers to adhere to PKC Associates Limited high ethical standards as to the confidentiality of personal information.
- PKC Associates Limited will only use personal information in compliance with applicable law.
- PKC Associates Limited has appointed compliance officers who are responsible for ensuring that their respective business units are in compliance with each of these principles.
- Telephone calls to us may be monitored and/or recorded for the purposes of accuracy and training.
- In order to arrange or manage your insurance and claims, it may be necessary for us to send your personal data outside the European Economic Area, including the USA. This will often be for the purposes of providing relevant information about you and your policy to service providers such as hospitals and doctors and other authorities. Not all countries to which we may have to send data to provide our service to you will have the same degree of data protection as is available in the EEA. Wherever possible, we will do our best to maintain your security and privacy, but this may be outside our control. By purchasing insurance, you agree to this being done if necessary.
PKC Associates Limited Is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority; firm reference number: 312339
C. Scope of PKC Associates Limited
PKC Associates Limited act as an insurance intermediary and is not an insurer. Any contract of insurance that may be taken through is scheme or otherwise will be with the appropriate Insurer.
D. Your Information
In order to arrange insurance for you (and your party), PKC Associates Limited will need to collect personal information from you (and about your party), which may include: Your full name and address, contact telephone number(s), email address(es), medical details, and your travel itinerary. We reserve the right to request further information in order to make an informed decision on your insurance agreement. PKC Associates Limited may not be able to offer you insurance in circumstances where information that is deemed necessary is withheld. Some of the information we collect may be sensitive and relate to, for example, your health or criminal convictions or that of other members of your party. This information will only be used for the provision or administration of your policy or a claim under it. When applying for a policy, you will be given the opportunity to consent to giving this information, but if you decline to do so, we may not be able to provide cover for you.
E. Use of Information
Information provided to us will be used for the purpose of arranging your insurance and processing any claim. It may be passed, for example, to our insurance principals, other insurers, agents, medical advisers, claims supervisors, fraud control organisations and industry regulators.
PKC Associates Limited may, from time to time, email you with offers or information we feel may be of interest to you.
PKC Associates Limited may also use this information to pass onto third party/parties for, but not limited to, statistical or marketing purposes. If you do not wish us to contact you or for your information to be passed on to a third party except for the purposes of deciding or arranging your insurance or for any claim related process, you may write to the Managing Director of PKC Associates Limited or alternatively you may e-mail your request to us.
Data will only be kept for as long as is necessary for the purposes of your insurance or as we may be required to hold it for legal reasons.
You may obtain a copy of the information held about you by submitting a written request to the address at the end of this notice, together with a cheque for £10 payable to PKC Associates Limited.
F. About Cookies
When you think about a cookie, you probably imagine the sweet chocolate chip kind however the cookies we are referring to are something quite different!
G. Your Location
The products and services on this site are only available to residents of the United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland and Isle of Man and no contract will be entered into with a resident of any other country.
H. Security System
However, PKC Associates Limited will not be liable for any problems caused by web browsers used by our clients nor for any losses or damage which may result from these.
I. Ownership of this Site and its Contents
Contents of this site, including but not limited to the text and images herein and their arrangement, are the intellectual property and copyright of PKC Associates Limited and may be used under licence given by the owners to PKC Associates Limited. All Rights Reserved.
PKC Associates Limited prohibits the copy or display of the content herein, except for personal, informational or any other kind of non-commercial use, so long as no modifications of the content is made. Any copy you make must include this copyright notice.
Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any license or right under any patent, trademark, copyright (except as expressly provided above), or other proprietary rights of PKC Associates Limited or of any third party.
J. Content and Exclusions
The site contains complicated information which frequently changes. Whilst PKC Associates Limited make every effort to ensure it is both up to date and accurate, PKC Associates Limited makes no representations about its accuracy or the suitability of the content of this site, or the products or services for you, any member of your party, or for any other purpose.
PKC Associates Limited is not liable for any inadvertent technical or factual inaccuracies and typographical errors or for any information that is inaccurate or incomplete. It is the responsibility of the user to verify any information before relying on it. You are welcome to contact PKC Associates Limited to verify such information. At any time and from time to time PKC Associates Limited may make changes in the products and / or services described herein, however PKC Associates Limited makes no commitment to update the information and expressly disclaims liability for errors or omissions in it. All content is provided “as is” without any warranty, express or implied, of any kind. PKC Associates Limited will not be liable to anyone with respect to any damages, loss or claim whatsoever, no matter how occasioned, in connection with access to or use of the contents of this site. In no event shall PKC Associates Limited be liable for any special, indirect, exemplary or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever, including but not limited to loss of use, data or profits, without regard to the form of any action including but not limited to contract or negligence or other tortuous actions, arising out of or in connection with the use, copying or display of the content. In no circumstances shall PKC Associates Limited be liable to you (or your party) over 10 times the premium paid or which would have been paid.
K. Fee / Commission Disclosure
PKC Associates Limited receives revenue in several forms. From Brokerage, underwriting management, benefits consulting, remuneration may be received as commission paid by an Insurer. From investment income on premiums, claims payments and return premiums temporarily held as fiduciary funds and from contingent commissions paid by an insurer based on aggregate loss experience, overrides paid by an insurer based on services performed and the
volume of business placed with the insurer and fees paid for performance of technical or other services. If you have any questions regarding the nature or amount of the compensation paid to PKC Associates Limited on your account, please contact the Managing Director of PKC Associates Limited.
This site, its content and these terms are governed by English law and the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales, except if you are resident in Scotland you may choose to use the Scottish courts.
M. Contacting Us
For further information you may contact PKC Associates Limited at the following address:
Journeys Travel Insurance
21 Woodthorpe Road
Or alternatively you may telephone us on 01784 772 668